Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

hi.

>Hiya, jg!   Great review!

oh, thank you.

   Got a few things to add.

feel free...

>I'm working on some kind of official-sounding announcement declaring
>it a law.

yeah, it need to be a law now.

>Dearly Beloved was missed terribly.

when i got home and the next day  as was  telling her more tales of the
concert, she lamented her decision to stay home.  she, unlike me, ~didn't
forget~ how much she liked VoL, and the show tidbits just made her sad she
wasn't there.  she thinks in retrospect she made the wrong call.
last evening for Mommy's Day I took her for Thai food  (she got the Yellow
Curry, i had the Khing Curry, both with tofu,  (yumm!) )  and then a movie,
'cause she's been wanting to see the Matrix.  But on the way,  she decided
to see the Mummy instead.  let me say again that in retrospect, she made the
wrong call.  oh, yeah, and during the Mummy she began feeling poorly again.
poor db.  rarely well.

>The lovely Jen informed me that long food delays are SOP at Brady's.

wasn't this longer than most, though?  20 minutes for a bowl of ice cream,
and yes, you're welcome.  i must admit that my waitress service improved
when i flipped a note to my cute waitress telling her that she was gorgeous.
only ~five~ minutes for my mint chokky chip ice cream cone to arrive, and i
got a huge smile every time she passed by.  i loved her teeth, too.   :-)=
so, "tipping" the waitstaff is always a good idea.    the Hershey's brand
caramels, Chris,  the ones that you say don't have the authentic caramel
flavour, but are softer and longer lasting,  were originally purchased as a
tip for Money Order Chick #2,  (Miss Tracy),  who can't eat chocolate
(aaack!  i'd die!)  but under the circumstances,  i figured i'd share with
the VoL class.   she had a few.  maybe next she'll get some good n'
plenty's.   i like them.  maybe miss tracy will like them also.   anyway,
the rule is "always tip the waitstaff, because they're the ones who can spit
in your food."

>[...]
>>Chris brought something in a little Cordura bag,  he may have an
>>announcement later.  or not.
>
>Cordura bag?  What's that?

we can take that as "no announcement."

>He also played 'One Eye Open' and  'Speaking With The Angel'

oh, yeah,  he sure did!

>Heh.   It's an old Bob Dylan tune.   Close but no Havana, jg.

oh, well,  i don't smoke anyway.
I never got into Dylan.   i kinda like that boxer song:  (in the clearing
stands a boxer...)  hahahahaha, no, i just threw that in there for Miss
Jen's edification....i remember watching her face figuratively hit the floor
when i made some comment linking Dylan and P. Simon and me saying i have no
use for either one of 'em.    Miss Jen, what i oughta add here is that i do
like ~Simon and Garfunkel~  but have never been fond of solo Simon.   glad
you like him, though.

>Actually, it was Jen's teacup.  She was drinking the Cinnamon Stick, I
>was drinking the Plantation Mint.

oh yeah?  well, that doesn't seem as charmingly disgusting  then.  for the
record, my first pot O tea was Cinnamon Stick, my 2nd was Earl Grey.

>The main one he used wasn't an acoustic per se, I think it was a
>Gibson Chet Atkins special - hollow-bodied electric, with no sound
>hole.
>
>>the guitarist played guitar, mandolin, and pedal steel.   some of the
>>mandolin songs were killler!
>
>Kenny is quite talented.  He played a GIbson ES-335, Fender
>Telecaster, and a 12 string Rickenbacker as well as the mandolin &
>pedal steel.
>
>>After the show,  despite hopes to hang and party like it's 1999  (oh,
>>wait...) Nate was falling asleep at the table, and Miss Jen was getting
>>visited by Mr. Sandman  (isn't that a metallica song?  one of the few that
>>like, i think),
>
>'Enter Sandman', which probably has a connotation that Jen wouldn't
>like too much.

not farmanimal w/it enough to know of any connotation.  back when we had a
warehouse and i had a crew,  some crew boys would play Mettalica and i
remember asking what this song was,  'cause it was about the only one l
could even remotely enjoy.   (enjoy is not the right word.  yet "tolerate"
is too far in the other direction.  somewhere between "tolerate" and
"remotely enjoy"  must exist a word for how i feel about this Enter Sandman
song.    Oh  and don't they have an "am i evil, yes i am" song?    i'd add
that in the middle there too,  a little down toward the "tolerate" side O
the spectrum.

jg

np:  Metallica  __uh-oh!  i'm stuck.  i don't know any album titles__  so
much for my little NP joke!
now really playing:   nothing.