Re: German rock (was Tori)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Temmesfeld
>Note: Singing words that I don't know the meaning of probably isn't a good
>thing.  Also, I try not to sing it when I'm in the presence of my dad or
>grandma.  I'd probably get in trouble for saying something really perverse
>in German...

It's not perverse, But Moby has a widely bootlegged piece of europop
Sprocket rock bliss called "Schaumgummi," in which his friend and vocal
collaborator on the track Paul Yates purport to extol the virtues of
marshmallows. And decrying the softness of the world media in verses like:

You are a Marshmallow
Tina Turner Marshmallow
John Wayne Marshmallow
Darth Vader Marshmallow
Marshmallow, Schaumgummi.
Schaumgummi, Marshmallow
We dance Shaumgummi
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

Funny thing is, in German, "schaumgummi" translates as "Foam Rubber." Not
"marshmallow." Oops. Bad Americans! Bad!

BSC