Re: Re: Moth lyrics

In a message dated 5/6/99 10:57:05 AM, j-cochran at juno_com wrote:

>For as much as we get Monet rammed down our
>throats, his paintings lack personality and emotional depth.

Hey! Personal Foul!

Maybe it's just because i've escaped the Water Lilies mug, umbrella, scarf,
poster, tablecloth, screensaver, mouse pad, and toilet paper, but I still
enjoy Monet. I still find a certain emotional resonance to his work. We have
a "Water Lilies" in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and I rather enjoy it.
Then again, I'm a softie/sentimentalist when it comes to art-- I'll take Alma
Tadema or the Pre-Raphaelites over Picasso any day. Not that I think they
make inconsequential or less-important art!