( ... of disappearing ... )

Hey all you goth types and people who appreciate beautiful music (which if
you're on the OtR list, obviously includes YOU), I have a band I'd LOVE for
you guys to check out. They are called Evanescence. They hail from Little
Rock, Ark. They make breathtakingly beautiful music. Evanescence gets pegged
as goth by more listeners than not, though I think they're really just a
rock band with goth overtones. Think Garbage covering Living Sacrifice. Or
Tori Amos fronting Dream Theater. With overtones of Dead Can Dance, October
Project, and old horror movie soundtracks all rolled into one.

If you do the *.mp3 thing, there's a good selection of their music at Mr
Emery's Pirate-O-Rama efteepee site. If you know how to get there,
Evanescence is in the Recommended Listening section. If you don't, email Mr
Emery, the picture of respectability, honestly, and he'll tell you how to
access it.

Listen to them. And please send me a note with what you think. I'm thinking
of spending a serious chunk of cash on these kids in the next two years and
would love to hear some opinions from discriminating listeners such as
yourselves. If you really like them, feel free to forward your opinions to
the OtR and Goth lists you belong to. Honestly, I won't mind.

Thanks a heap. Happy Listening.

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises
bigwig at arkansas_net

"I've often wondered how someone could put a critique of music into words.
And I've often wondered why there was no musical commentary on writing."
 - Dr. Peter Kreeft, author

"The early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese."