Recent Story's (only a little otr)

Here are some "fables" from my life:

1- I was fixing my glasses last night and they broke in twain (no, not the
Mark kind).  My Uncle and I slapped them back together using only tape and
paperclips.  I looked horrible.  My cousins didn't say a word.  No four eyes
comments, or "nerd" references.  My friends at the local bar all asked why I
didn't go all out and buy some pocket protectors.

Moral of this story?  I guess maybe that a cousin's love is blind, and that
if you hang out with people who have a dry sense of humor, you kind of have
to expect it from them.  ;-)

2- I was working at Starbucks, and a lady came in saying that she needed a
latte because she'd just locked her keys in her car.  She didn't have AAA so
I called in and requested a lock smith, telling them that she was my ride.
The phone operator was annoying, and took down all the wrong information.
Additionally, the tow truck didn't wait for even two minutes for us to get
it all figured out.  I had to stay for thirty minutes after my shift to be
there when the truck finally came.  However, while she was waiting, the
woman filled out a comment card specifically stating how wonderful I was,
and when it was all over she gave me free passes to Phipps Conservatory for
my efforts.  The comments will go straight to our corporate office, and aid
me in my rise to eventual domination of The Starbucks Corporation.  ;-)

Moral of this story?  Helping people out, and going that extra mile, not
only makes you feel good, but also can be returned upteenfold.  However, it
is imprudent to expect any sort of service from AAA.

OH!  And I promised that there would be some OtR in this post.... WELL... as
we waited for the tow truck the lady said (seeing the cd in my hand), "Good
Dog, Bad Dog?  Great CD."  I told her about what fun listie gatherings were
and we had a great conversation.

Just some stories I felt like sharing. :-)  Hope you guys don't mind.

Gardner.

np: Talking Heads- Remain in Light

--
"Though I'm usually pacifistic