Re: Kent Lostees, My Love Is A Fever, and Pool.

hi.

ysoie quoted Linford saying,
>"Down here on the hardwood floor...Down here on the hardwood floor, down on
>the floor right in front of Jack's amplifier-- how is it down on the
hardwood
>floor?"

boy, there were lots-O-people down there are on the hardwood floor, weren't
there?  a virtual sea of people.   but in front of Jack's amp, i mean
directly in front of it, was our Gardner!   i noticed for a break from the
noise he had his head in Jessyka's lap, too, once or twice.  (oh, sly dog!
oh, to be a Gardner "trussle".     ahhh, never mind.  won't go there.)

hi, everyone!

another quote of the evening, most of   you might remember it going a little
differently than this:
"Picture paint me fingers of all you see"  during Faithfully Dangerous.   it
was one of those (deliberate?) slips that made this show charming in it's
looseness,  playfulness.   rockin' show, kids.  hope Monk was really good,
or else you made the wrong call that night.

jessyka,   good to see you.    glad i could turn you on to an atomic
fireball.   a year!  wow.    (jessyka kissed me!  yay!)

>And I can die content now that I've seen "My Love..." done live. The second
pla
>encore.

that was good, too.   kinda rabbit-outta-the-hat-ish, and worth it!

>Looking around the room, I have to admit the Attractive Listie Theory
>exploded tonight. Every face in the room was shining and gorgeous. Seated
>the side, close enough to kick Jack if I'd wanted to, never that I did,
>Gardner and I arrived to sit with Jessyka, db, jg, and their friend. Kyle
was
>lost in the middle of the crowd where no one could see him smoking (!). And
>discovered Amy-Raven is every bit as beautiful in person as she is in
print.

And one of the Yummy Chicks was there.  Alex was there, Nikki not.

> Jen is gorgeous.

Jen defines "beautiful"    Jen is beauty.   and Jen is not a listie.   Jen
must not have a shred of jealousy in her soul, either, for DM is quite the
mack daddy.  i never see Jen mackin' at all.   too much class.  not meant as
disrespect to DM,  just as props to Miss Jen.
Binky's seen her.  he can corroborate my story.  one night i saw her and she
looked like Edie Brickell.  long dress, long hair.  yum!

>as young, And when she opens her mouth and flexes her voice around us, you
>forget what she looks like while staring right at her.

i talked with Karin after the show, as i promised you i would.  i shoulda
written down her words, but here goes, from memory:
I asked her what's she listening to at home;  what's in "heavy rotation"?
and she answered,  "Stevie Wonder (innervisions i think she said),  Elvis
Costello's King of America,  Neil Young, Van Morrison."

then i asked, placing my hands about so- far- apart,  "in my rack, for
example, Elvis Costello is about this wide.   Who's wide in your rack?"

she said, "we just bought the entire Elvis catalog, so he's pretty wide!"
then she thought,  and said that Neil Young takes up a lot of real estate,
and Van Morison, Lucinda Williams,  Tom Waits,  ....there was another
Williams,  but not Dar.....can't remember, rats!  she said her "W"  list was
her widest.    Tom waits info...she likes __swordfishtrombones__ best,  also
likes db's favourite __Raindogs__ a lot.  the disappointing thing was that i
didn't have her list in my collection at all,  save Costello and Waits and
just the newest Lucinda.   i wanted our collections to match!     then Yummy
Chick Alex came up for a hug,  and i let them be.   if i recall more names,
(i asked db to try to remember them for me!)  i'll post later.  maybe some
of you can find you're a match.

Oh, db's here right now:  joy!   "Patsy Cline is wide.  Victoria Williams is
wide,  Cocteau Twins is ~really wide~ she said,  she really got into them.
Frank Sinatra  (jeff klaum will be happy)
oh, more matches:  we've got patsy cline, we have 2 cocteau twins!
there was someone else,  someone kinda similar in vein to Sinatra that she
mentioned, but i don't recall, nor does db.  sorry, list.

the "pall"  that listie burrill wrote about (hi, b!)  was set in on me for
this show.   i just kept thinking about the "end of the band"  and some kind
of hollowness.   hollowness in me  (c'mon, it's just a ~band~ for god's
sake!)  and hollowness in the words of Karin when she announced the
10-year-anniversary of the band,  and there will be a big celebration in
Cincinnati,  and "it just won't be any fun if you guys aren't there"
(speaking on-mike to the whole crowd).    So, Karin,  how ya gonna
celebrate?  by dumping the band?

db says she's really gonna miss Terri.  Terri's harmony vox really adds
something to Karin's singing,  she says,  points out the beauty in her
voice.    we missed the drumming, too.

>flying right off behind him. By the way-- jg, you look stunning in shades,
>too.

"had" to wear them once i saw the moment!  (thanks, Lanny).  db proposed
that everyone going to Cinci tuck shades in their pocket, and all put them
on during the Jack's Valentine bit.  'twould be a nice "inside joke"  and it
might "loosen up" the band, and they play so fun when they're loose, don't
they?

>Linford is still Linford. I understand Brian's wry comment about OtR being
>duo. He watched Karin so intently. Focus, focus, focus.

sing that Police song __every breath you take__ to yourself at this point.
now, magnify x2 or x3.   that's Linford.   it was good to see.

hi, alyssa!  nice to meet you.   and Amy Watson  (remember her, listies?!)
was there, too!   Chris, you'll remember Amy and Phil.   We played Hangman
again.  (Jessyka won!)
C-R-Y-P-T was the word.

i was looking 'round the room a few times while Karin was singing.
didn't see too many people singing along.   not that this means anything, i
guess,  because i know Nikki Yummy, not Nikki Ysoie,  knows the words.  but
i wondered how many are here who know of the band, and how many are here
from word-of -mouth or the fact that the only band posters that ~ever~  hang
in Brady's are the 3 OtR posters.
well i guess it doesn't matter, much, because they packed the place.

great to see everyone,  and thanks for coming in,  and now i'm looking
forward to Jessyka's actual review,  'cause i was watching her take the
notes and snatch the setlist!  (you go, girl)

Merchy Hazel was there.  we spoke.  she's so pretty!  she saw that i didn't
have db holed up in a hotel this time!

bye,
jg