Re: Aaaack!

Brian?  Leaving?  Goodness.  Where have all the members gone?  It'd be a
curious thing if karin went.  Could linford have himself leave the band?

But maybe i'm jumping ahead.

Reading jg's letter (hi, jg!) threw a somewhat disappointed pall over my day.
 Not that such a dubious achievement would be so difficult on a cold and
rainy day such as today.  But who's keeping score?  Everyone's score resets
on death, anyway.

I don't want to sound particularly cynical over the brian development.  I'm
not looking for an opportunity to drop the band and back away slowly and
nobody'll get hurt.  Could i stick around for a while?  Sure, i'm
disappointed, but in no way does this make me feel like the band is
imploding.  Maybe it helps that i'm not such a long-time follower.  I picked
up on the band a mere year ago.  I haven't had to fight through any other
exoduses.  (Is there any less clumsy way to pluralize exodus?)  It remains to
be seen whether the more negative effects of this development will be
transient or traumatic.  I'm looking forward to hearing how the new
configuration will sound, but at the same time, i'm looking back at the
erstwhile otr--to the otr that existed before i was introduced--and wondering
if that was as good as it gets.  Did i miss the prime?  Was the eve era
otr's, and consequently their fans', garden of eden?  Or was it earlier?  Or
has it not shown its face?  The next full-length, i imagine, will be an
answer, or a part of one.  I'm doing my best not to fully react until i can
hear the consequences of the latest band news.  It's disappointing, but the
effects might be lovely indeed.  There's no telling until the band opens its
mouth.  In stereo.

-burrill
np: otr - patience.