Re: List Police

Mr. Dust said:
> <snip a whole bunch of "me doth protest muchly's>

Nah, I just use a very sarcastic form of debating.  I was not upset by his
sugestion.  The response was simply an ardent one in hopes that I would make
the point well enough the first time that I wouldn't have to make it again.
There was no animosity, and no underlying snappyness intended, just my droll
sense of beating a horse until I know that it's dead, because in my world
horses have a tendancy to get back up even after you think they're down.  I
appologize if in this instance my kicking went on a little too long.

> Hey! Broocie was just kidding!

Yeah, but that's the type of kidding that may be taken seriously.  The last
thing I wanna see is this list regulated.  I enjoy it too much.  The delete
key is so easy.  I use it a lot on this list.  The whole parts of god
subject line, while a nice joke originally, got really old.  It wasn't OtR
related at all, and most of the time the quoted stuff was way longer than
the new material.  I hated it, deleted every one of those posts.  But it was
sooooo "us."  I never would want to stop that sort of thing from happening.
Even if I delete them all without ever reading them, the knowledge that they
are there makes me happy.  Cause they were a lot of fun for other people.  I
would never say that those people should not have fun, because I don't wanna
hit the delete key.

> and anyway, Mr Enicks didn't take it too kindly either.  Sheesh Cary, my
> face is still dripping--ever heard of a joke people???

Yeah, I have.  Most of my post was a joke.  Jokes don't work well over the
internet unless you know the style of the person making them sometimes.
Especially not sarcasm.  I knew his post was only half serious.  It was the
half that WAS serious that I wanted to cut off at the pass.  Besides, he
asked for input.

Gardner.

--
"Though I'm usually pacifistic