On the Thread

	I read the majority of e-mails that I receive from the OtR list.
I have read how many people are ready to put an end to this discussion on
the events taking place in Kosovo. I understand that many of you do not
feel that this is OtR related and would like to return to discussing more
OtR related subjects. I can understand that.
	The discussions concerning Kosovo are on a very serious and
tragic subject. We are talking about human lives being robbed of
friendship, family and breathe itself. But, let me ask a question. If
Karin or Linford popped in to see what it is that is being discussed as
of lately on their fan list, what do you think would strike them more?
That people are continuing to discuss their beautiful, impacting music or
that they have decided that there is something more important taking
place in the world that is worth a detour and some dialog?
	I understand the urge to drop the subject, but if people are
seeing this as an important subject worth discussing, encourage it, don't
discourage it. Our world is full of passive people who will never give
these events a second thought. So, when someone does, let's listen. If we
can't bring ourselves to listen, then let's just be silent. Do what you
have to do, but please don't encourage a silent people. These people came
together because they loved some band's music. But, they've noticed
something more important.
	Thanks for listening.
					- Jesse L. Eubanks III
"'Yes' she said, 'the rich rob the poor, and the poor rob one another.'"
- Sojourner Truth, Narrative of Sojourner Truth

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]