Re: Danger Over Kosovo

In a message dated 4/16/99 3:15:59 AM, otrhine at hotmail_com writes:

<<    If the claims of the ethnic Albanians are later verified I believe
that crimes against humanity(really the ethnic Albanians in Kosovo)
have been committed. I DO NOT SUPPORT KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE!
However, we must analyze the situation much beyond what we hear on CNN
and consider the consequences of our actions. The flood of ethnic
Albanians never reached the proportions that it has now until after
NATO started the bombing raids.

Keep in mind that some are still trying to verify whether there was a
Aushwitz too
July 1998

U.N. sources report that at least 76,000 people have been displaced by
the war in Kosovo this year. Some estimates run to nearly 90,000. A
UNHCR mission last week to bring food to some 600 displaced persons
trapped in the enclave of Junik in western Kosovo reported that the
inhabitants were in "pretty bad physical shape," according to High
Commissioner Sadako Ogata. The flow of refugees to neighboring Albania
has tapered-off dramatically in recent weeks due to Serbian military
operations to "ethnically cleanse" and seal the border region, with a
daily average of roughly a dozen new arrivals in Albania. The western
region around Decani has been effectively sealed-off. Djakovica, a city
having 60,000 residents and an additional 60,000 refugees, remains
surrounded by Serbian forces.

 This may help answer  why the proportions went up after the bombing raids

   This entire conflict between the Kosovo Liberation Army and the
Yugoslav government started long before the NATO aggression. The
Kosovo Liberation Army is a terrorist organization funded by drug
money and backed by Osama bin Laden.The Kosovo Liberation Army(KLA for
short) is attempting to overthrow the legitimate government
of Yugoslavia. Remember Osama bin Laden is the person that runs a
terrorist organization that we bombed last year and he is wanted by
our government for various terrorist activities. Yugoslav President
Slobodan Milosevic was elected by the people and is essentially
holding his country together much like Lincoln did with the United
States. If the atrocities coming from the mouths of the ethnic
Albanians are true then he has targeted all of the people of Albanian
ethnicity and not just the KLA. The KLA killed off almost all of the
Serbian population before the Serbs retaliated to defend there
province of Kosovo. Before the KLA began it's campaign of mass murder
of the Serbs fifty percent of Kosovo was Serbian. Now, less than ten
percent of Kosovo is actually Serbian. The KLA started the murdering
in Kosovo. Not all of the ethnic Albanians are completely innocent.

Lincoln and Milosovic? In all my reading about Lincoln, I have never read of
a single incedent where he ordered the extermination and rape of the south.
Is that in Gore Vidals book?
You are not suggesting that  these changes in population are a direct result
of the Albannians  "Ethnic Cleansing" of the  Serbs are you?  It's closer to
the truth that they had immigrated there, isn't it?
While I'll agree that the Albanians aren't completely innocent---->

July 98

While the hard-core KLA has been estimated by various observers as
ranging between 1000 and 3000 men, hundreds or perhaps thousands of
ordinary Kosovars have now taken up arms alongside or as part of the
KLA. The KLA seems to be getting increasingly bold and sophisticated in
its Drenica stronghold.

3000 men with few weapons are no match for the arms  of the Serbians.

Milosevic made promises in the Dayton Accords,and he used it as a buffer to
go finnish getting the job done.

   The only allied NATO force allowed under it's own treaty is forced
where NATO countries defend themselves under attack from an outside
country. Yugoslavia never attacked NATO and thus NATO has no legal
grounds to attack Yugoslavia. Yugoslavia is a sovereign nation which
is being invaded and attacked by NATO. Hitler did the same thing to
countries like Poland in WWII! NATO is violating international law and
it's own treaty.

Milosevic is a war criminal. That violates international law. He should be
tried and hung along with anyone else that is guilty of these crimes.
Albannian or Serbian.

   WWIII could be right around the corner if we are not careful.
Russia has always been an ally of Yugoslavia. Russians, feeling a
unity with their slavic brothers, are pressuring Boris Yeltsin to
defend Yugoslavia and to retaliate against NATO. They have already
been sending warships to the Adriatic Sea to "monitor the situation."
The Duma(parliament) is also pressuring Boris Yeltsin into military
action against NATO. At this time, Yeltsin fears impeachment so he is
more likely to give in to the Duma's demands than he otherwise would
be. There was talk from a high Russian military official of Russia
retargetting it's nuclear weapons towards NATO countries. These rumors
were later said to be false but any talk of nuclear war scares me!
China is aligned with Russia against the NATO aggression. Two nuclear
powers are both dead set against this NATO operation and this is
SCARY!

The Russians and the Chinese as Allies? Good Lord! The Russians don't have
enough money to get into a card game let alone a war. And you forget that
they are in desperate need of the billions we have for them.

July 98

The KLA's support, control, and influence are the direct result of the
failure of the United States and its allies to confront Serbian
strongman Slobodan Milosevic's decade-long assault on the Kosovar's
rights and freedoms as well as his more recent military assault on the
Kosovar population. The KLA and its supporters have concluded that the
West will not solve their problems for them. Holbrooke and other Western
diplomats have little or nothing to offer the KLA and, as a result, have
no leverage with the KLA and little credibility with the Kosovar
population as a whole.

If we had acted sooner,they wouldn't  have needed Bin Ladins money.