Re: gas out

Eric thoughtfully posts:

> in light of this recent discussion on "would you go kill 'em all or not,"
> i thought i'd share this headline i read at ABCNews.com this morning:
>
> NATO has confirmed that allied aircraft struck a convoy
> with both refugees and Serb military vehicles.
> Serbs say dozens of civilians were killed and wounded.
> Meanwhile, the airstrikes on Yugoslavia continue.
>
> kinda puts a new twist on 'doing something worthwhile,' doesn't it...

I really want to reply to this with some kind of wisdom, but when I tried I
just realized that I don't have any answers.

This morning's news (Yugo says we killed 60 refugees) mixes in my mind with
something I heard Clinton say the other day on NPR-- he stumbled over the
"why Kosovo and not Rwanda, Kenya, etc." question, essentially committing
himself to both sides.

No greater thing can a man do than lay down his life for another man.  Is
this what we're doing?  Why or why not?

A little disheartened,
jnf