Re: the weekend's activities in review [no OTR]

"Eric Schumacher" <Eric_Schumacher at stercomm_com> wrote:
> seriously, search engines work like this: they look for previously assigned
> keywords. when you post a site on the internet, you submit its details to
> search engines. theoretically, you could submit whatever the heck you
> wanted to. for example, i could put up a site about my neato Volkswagen
> 412, but i could assign keywords to it like 'columbus, ohio' and 'quisine'
> and 'gourmet' so that anyone looking for 'gourmet quisine in columbus ohio'
> would find my little 412. they need to regulate that a bit more, imo...

...or you can use Google (http://www.google.com), which
doesn't pay attention to the meta-tags so you don't have
to sort through 859 porn sites every time you want to
find useful information on the web.

---
Mike.                                     don't say i never warned you
alchemy at crl_com                              when your train gets lost