Pop Muzik

Ysobelle rocks.  I plan to sing some Spice Girls today at work...  Or
every small hall I walk down, I'm gonna do the Britny Spears dance
from the video.

For some reason, I always seem to classify just about any music that
I like as pop music.  I understand that in my holy triumverate of
Duran / Live / OtR there are amazing stylistic differences.  For
instance, one could never imagine Nick Rhodes, Ed Kowalczyk and Jack
Henderson sitting down for a coffeehouse jam session.  But my brain
somehow lumps it as one category.

Maybe there's too many labels on music.

Sometimes it seems people rebel against songs on idiot stations just
because they are popular, the masses "know" about them.  I imagine
there are some longterm 6p fans that are real happy for the band now
with it's newfound success but given another pop hit will abandon
them like yesterday's garbage.  Regardless of the quality of music.

Bruce

NP: Ben Folds Five "Army" from new CMJ