Re: Linford's question again.

>i think there are more Rhinelanders out there. They should be tapped on the
>shoulder. Think of a major-label release as a longer arm with which to reach.

Agreed.  Think of it this way: of all the bands who hit it big with a popular
single, how many of them remain radio darlings for more than a year or two?  Seems
to me about one-percent.  The other 99 percent enjoy their hit, tour the country,
and then either break-up or fade back into obscurity, taking with them a small
army of new loyal fans.

I see OtR taking the second route.  If they hit it big with a single, they'll be
hot for a year or two, do all the t.v., tour the country, hit the big festivals,
and then get back to the business of making music.  Only when they get back to the
business of making music, they'll actually have a little cash to help them out
along the way.  And if they happen to become a member of that elite one percent,
well, all the better!

Go for it, Linford!  Rock-and-roll stardom, baby.  All the way.  No matter what
happens on Star 104.5 FM, I'll still be quietly buying up everything you record.
:)

Paul Christian Glenn      |  "Besides being complicated,
trance at radiks_net         |  reality, in my experience, is
http://x-real.firinn.org  |  usually odd."  - C.S. Lewis

Now Reading: "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger