Bootlegs Kick Ass!

In amongst all the disgest stuff recently I noticed that the issue of bootlegs came up again. Heres something for all to ignore....

I'm curious as to why some folk simply loath the practise and its results.

I for one have a simple view of this: If I go to a live show then I pay for that performance. I therefore own that performance as I heard it. If I decide to commit it to tape (which I do at EVERY gig I go to) and listen to it over again then I am perfectly within my right to do so. So if you don't want to be taped DON'T LET ME IN!

I also think swapping such recordings is fine. Selling them is not. Putting them on CD is also great fun
(if you haven't done this and you can, do!)

If Otr didn't want folk to have 'other than CD release recordings' then why appear on live radio shows?
Recording from your radio is also illegal. Then again so many things are illegal in certain US states, but I remember all that being covered in the 'Go Down Easy' saga...

Also when the band have line up changes then bootlegs are often the only record of this. For instance, Mike was the bass player for a while, but no recordings that feature him have (or will I guess) been released on CD. The same goes for Jack. How could I live without my bootlegs of him playing Jacks Valentine?

And finally for you non-bootleg folk...Otr have played over here in the UK twice since 1995. Are you saying that I have to travel to the US to hear them rather than trade a few tapes with some good people over there and wait till they come around again (still waiting since 1997!!!)?

Being over here stinks and listening to bootlegs makes it a bit easier. By the way does anyone have any tapes with some new stuff on it? I've heard nothing since Emery 1997...sob, sob, sob..... I've been in
'no otr cold turkey' ever since.

Oh yeah, I still want them to play LOUD again, even if non of you do. I know they used to because I taped them.

UK ED (still pool-as hull)