are you being served?

okay, Binkers and Ysoi's bickers formulated a long developing question in my
bizzare little mind:

which server is the best?

if you can't tell, between indigoebony, suneidesis, and nycteris, excite,
hotmail, and yahoo...I haven't figured so much myself.  each has perks and
downsides.  so, pray tell.  report back for duty here on the digest.  tell
us (in fifty words or less) why your server is dandy keen, why your server
is not dandy keen, etc.

(yet another subliminal effort by the hivemind to unify its hords)

my report:

"get your own private e-mail, free at hotmail"

hotmail (suneidesis)
pros:
--page numbered inbox.
--stationary option.

cons:
--created folders are not readily accessible.
--it is infamous for hiccupping
--and the powers that be are very difficult to contact and complain to (more
so than unsubscribing)
--the entire hotmail service is very popular, so oft times the account is
difficult next to immpossible to access on slower modems or during conjested
hours.
--trash automatically deleted.

excite: (nycteris)

pros:
--side bar menus all created folders, for swift access.
--sweet colour scheme
--not particularly popular, so your quirky chosen address might actually be
available.
--you empty your own trash

cons:
--no draft folder.
--no individual pages for the inbox (when listies are mass-mailing, you have
no option of where to begin again.)

suspicions:
--I'm not sure all my letters are faithfully delivered.
--the bloody thing is oft in repair
--the side bar and menu alternately do not load...

"do you yahoo?"
yahoo:  (indigoebony)
okay, I rarely use this account and can't give an accurate report.  I pass
the duty to another.

I suppose, being the internet, and being computers, there isn't a failsafe
way to make certain words are properly traded, saved, etc.

one of my dear author friends remarked, with wryness, it's a pity so many
great minds e-mail.  so many words are regularly lost.

I joked last night that I should save my letters and publish them, since I
can't seem to write independant of a compose box.  then I realise the
majority of them have been deleted or lost in hiccups over time...

lynz.