Re: Nashville

Oops, sorry guys.  You'll get another copy of this.  Didn't mean to leave
out the listies.

From: tperry3 at juno_com
To: macrell1 at pilot_msu.edu,jg900 at bright_net,stephanib at juno_com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:21:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Nashville

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:06:40 -0500 (EST) "Amy N Macrellis"
<macrell1 at pilot_msu.edu> writes:
>That neato jg person wrote:
>>
>> hi.
>> what's  beer:30?    half past a beer?  time to pass a beer?  ( i do
>this all
>> the time,  just ask Chris!)   overdue for a beer?
>>

>I usually consider it "time for a beer", but really any of those
>things you said work.  Just remember, anytime is beer:30!
>
>:)
>Raven-amy

I think Amy is right (Hi, Amy!), that "anytime is beer:30."  At the
moment of sending last Friday's message, it probably would have been more
accurate to say that I was "overdue for a beer."  It seems that the
phrase "beer:30" comes up, here at work around 4:30PM, which would make a
lot of sense if you work til 5PM - bunch of drunks I work with - but
perhaps the real meaning behind this comment was to say that I would tell
you more about myself *after* I've had a couple of beers.  In any case,
jg, I don't mind you (or any of you) questioning anything I say.  It
keeps me in line.  And just as you suggested (reference to jg again), I
will ask Chris as soon as I figure out who "Chris" is...  Chris, are you
there????

I did, in fact, go to the Nashville show on Saturday night.  Thank you,
Stephanie, for the little nudge.  You were right, it was well worth it.
I've been listening to several others give their accounts of the Cafe
Milano experience, and I have to say that mine was a little different -
but not in it's entirety - meaning - I agree, it was pricey and not
exactly the kind of environment where you could stand around and sway
(I'm not a dancer) to the music, talk to people standing next to you, and
smoke cigarettes, etcetera, etcetera.  In that respect, I had a better
time at JJ's Market last year.  I didn't have reservations to sit at a
table (my fault), so I had to sit at the bar.  Another girl was grabbing
a stool next to me - young, kind of stocky build, with short blond hair.
We struck up a conversation about OtR and stuff.  She said she used to be
on the discussion list.  Her name is Malinda Konen.  Anyone know her?
Anyway, she has been hitchhiking for the past few weeks.  Lots of
interesting stories about dumpster diving and sleeping under bridges.
Gutsy.  I found myself wishing I could do the same instead of living this
rut of a life.  You go girl!!!

In short, I had a great time.  It was good for me to do this by myself
and I left feeling soulfully refreshed.  No matter how many ways or times
OtR play their songs, I could sit and listen to the sound Linford's piano
fingers make any time - being a pianist myself, I was right with him in
the groove.

Thanks for listening.   Trish  :-)
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]