Re: goth

(Actually, the subject line is fairly ironic at this point...)

> NP: Cat Stevens - _Catch Bull At Four_

Anyone seen 'Rushmore' yet?  This was one of those movies that compelled us
to purchase a soundtrack.  Includes two Cat Stevens tunes-- "Here Comes My
Baby" and another whose title I haven't bothered to memorize ("...I sat
upon the setting sun, but never wanted water once...").  What a songwriter!

This movie uses all tunes to maximum effect in the soundtrack.  They're not
just gimmicks (a la the pop rock tune that's playing on the janitor's
walkman for two seconds in passing so it can be included on the
soundtrack).  If you can imagine, a semi-climactic revenge scene bursts
into slow-motion glory to the strains of The Who's "A Quick One" ("Dang!
Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang!... You Are Forgiven..."), and the
song doesn't stop until the main character gets sprung from jail some three
to five minutes later.

'Rushmore' rocks!

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: