Re: Morning, questions, blah, etc.

Jaharnish2 at aol_com sez:
>Ysobelle exclaims:

>>  >LOL!  You've never seen a thread from alt.religion.kibology crossposted to
>>  >soc.culture.history.wwii.  GODWIN'S LAW DOESN'T APPLY!

>>  You bring up Hitler, the thread had to die!
>
>am i missing *something* here guys? i *am* a little confused by this.

Yes, you are missing something.   Time to fill Brother Jay in on a little
net.culture from usenet.

Godwin's Law states that when a thread has degenerated to the point where
someone invokes Hitler, then the thread must end.  The point I was making was
that in a WWII newsgroup, this doesn't apply, since Hitler discussion is a
large part of that newsgroup's topic.

>was he not flesh and blood, a failed painter, and maybe the most awful man to
>ever live?
>i don't understand the taboo.

He wasn't *all* that bad.  I mean...compare him to William Shatner.

>just my 2¢

Quit with the extended characters, son.

Oh NO!  I mentioned William Shatner AND Hitler in the same post!

Everybody DUCK!   The internet is going to explode!
--
NP: Sting - _Ten Summoner's Tales_
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery