Re: Goth Dances

danamcc at planetaccess_com DEMANDS:
> HEY, hey, WAIT!!

<the world grinds to a silent halt. eyes and mouths freeze. waves remain
suspended above ocean's rim. birds hit the air brakes>

>  What about the 1. kicky one (you know, the karate looking kick combined
with
> the karate chop type thing) and

*wince* oohyeah, forgot about that one.

>  2.  The ribbon dance (my personal favorite to watch)--you know, the one
> where they move their wrist in a zig-zag type fashion as if they were trying
> to make patterns with a ribbon.

*superwince* i've done that one. just call me Azriel Nightshade, Prince of
Darkness.
;-)

>  ***above two can be combined into one dance**

yup. hrm. say, isn't that what Will Smith refers to when he talks about
"gettin' jiggy wid it?"

incase you're wondering since it's not like we can go clubbing together very
easily:

i just like to stand, planted perfectly still on the dancefloor <after having
a refreshing goth drink, of course>, arms straight down along my sides, then
curl my hands straight outward, palms down and parallel to the ground like Max
Schreck in Nosferatu (1st vampire flic - 1922 German). i then waddle across
the floor without bending my knees at all, wobble left-right-left-right, and
crow like a hammered rooster.

LOL! i just can't keep a straight face anymore. i'm sorry.
i believe my 79 year old office-mate thinks i've finally lost my marbles. oh
dear, he's a sweet man - but he watches me from time to time out the corner of
his eye when i spontaneously burst out. he seems genuinely concerned right
now.

>  who-never-really-was-very-goth-ever-at-all-but-sort-of-maybe-had-some-goth-
> friends-who-I-hung-out-with-in-high-school-and-every-now-and-then-I-took-
the-
> style-sort-of

that's-great-that-you-have-adopted-some-of-the-stylings-and-have-been-so-
observant-of-the-rediculous-mating-dance-rituals-of-the-goth

>  but, I do like some of the music

ooh, yes. you go girl.

jay

NP: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - _Best of_ (the Carney)

"Aristotle thought there were eight legs on a fly and wrote it down. For
centuries scholars were content to quote his authority.
Apparently not one of them was curious enough to impale a fly and count its
six legs."
-- Stuart Chase
<{---o<(\,- Sïr Edwård Jäy, thæ Sêcönd öv Härnïsh -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^