Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #534

> I saw OTR do a show in Savannah, Georgia at the Savannah College of Art and
> Design, of all places, back in 95 or 96. Sweaty. The opening Oasis wannabe
> band spent half their set complaining about how long it took for OTR to get
> the sound worked out. It was worth it though. Great show, even though there
> weren't that many people there.

Cool!  That was the show that I booked.  I'm glad someone who really liked
the band got to see them other than me.  I DO apologize for the opening
band, I was forced into that decision by committee.  The OtR show was SOOO
much my baby that I let the "colective" choose the opening band so that they
would feel ownership over the show too.  I was a bit out of sorts at the
show though.  My mom had JUST died.  I flew out of town for the funeral the
next day.

I WAS the guy with the long hair and the beard swaying to the lovely music
and looking at least mildly out of my mind.  Who were you?

Gardner.

--
"Everybody's playing the game,
but nobodies rules are the same.