Re: Genre busting (was Re: Re: Re: babble in pews)

jnedsfox at moody_edu queries:

> > >Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Nitzer Ebb... where did all the dark bands go?

Skinny Puppy now = Download. they've had 3 full cd's and are really quite
good, except for the first. cEVIN kEY is genious.

KMFDM now = MDFMK. ingenious acronym? no. but it's still Sascha + Tim Skold.

Nitzer Ebb now = ¿belly-up in a sea of crack? don't know.

>  > I don't know, but I was surely dancing to a lot of them last night. The
> Bank
>  > in Philly on a Wednesday night. Whooo-hooo!
>  >
>  > Try Apoptygma Berzerk, or Project Pitchfork. If you want more, let me
know.

>  > I'm currently on quite the voyage of discovery about all the new stuff.
>
>  I hate to be a downer, but I'm really more nostalgic for the musical
>  landscape of the 80's/early 90's than I am for any actual goth/techno
>  bands.  I'm more of an R&B/funk and Various-British-Invasions person
>  myself.

my favorite 80's era is old 4AD stuff ~ Dead Can Dance, This Mortal Coil, etc.
oh, and let's not forget bauhaus or the sisters of mercy!

my, this is suddenly becoming an unexpectd forum for genre information.

jay

NP: pink floyd - meddle - one of these days.mp3

Chris Emery is his own reward. word.

"If you can't laugh at your situation, you need a new situation."
-anonymous
<{---o<(\,- Sïr Edwård Jäy, thæ Sêcönd öv Härnïsh -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^