Re: in pews, in the dark AND True Statements... AND change of perspective

jeanene wrote,

<< In my sadness, I also feel a little anger that I wasn't there.  That I
didn't
 make a point of being at That show.  With you listees.  So, spurred by my
 anger, I wrote a letter to my best friend who introduced me to OtR (who has
 been to several/ many of their shows while at Wheaton) and told him that:
 <quote> Some fine day in the not-too-distant future, you and I are traveling
 whatever-distance-is-required-of-us to go to an authentic Over the Rhine
 concert in a small, dark venue like a tavern, crammed with fellow Linford-
and-
 Karin devotees and I am going to absorb their music and relish the sights and
 enjoy being with you all at the same time.  I am not kidding.  You will have
 to arrange your work schedule and we will fly there and we will stay wherever
 we must, but I am sick with listening to all the touching reviews of the
 achingly beautiful performances of some of the most beautiful music on earth
 this past weekend in Ohio.  It is so unfair to live in this barren place.
 You have been forewarned. <end quote>

 jeanene, feeling rotten, but resolved >>

I couldn't empathize more, Jeanene. Most bittersweet to read all these
accounts
of lucid joy. And new songs... And stained glass windows. Care to sweep on
down to Florida for that next show??

I can't believe how strange I feel >>

Story of my life... :)

Gwesterbeke

btw- found anymore copies of old OtR records today?? How late was I on 'Eve' &
'Patience'?