Re: dilemma/survey

>Vinyl
>To keep or not to keep,that is the question.
>Takes up a lot of space-rarely listen to.
>

>some may have value
>some may not.

Keep.  No question.  Jnf is right, there's an undefinable quality
in the sound.  Besides, the packaging is always sooooo much
more cool than anything you usually see in a jewel box (or digipak
or whatever).  I'll take a big ol' 12x12 fold-out lp over a cheesy little
5x5 (approx) cd booklet any day.
I bought my turntable about 5 years ago thinking I'd only get the 25
or so ablums I want that'll never see release in cd form.  My collection
includes not only the initial 25 lps, but another couple hundred I've
picked up along the way - including a great number of new releases.
I'm holding back, for example, buying Wilco's 'Summer Teeth' on
cd 'cause the fine folks at the Greenwood Karma have it coming
in on vinyl and will be holding a copy for me until I can make it in.

>It's tough to throw out
I could never fathom..........

>What say you?
To reiterate; KEEP!

Sooner or later it's all gonna be worth something......

later,

AaronB

Sleater-Kinney - The Hot Rocks (on vinyl, or at least I will be when I get
      home...)