Re: okay...

--- Rick Callender <binkmeisterrick at yahoo_com> wrote:

> i keep forgetting that this is not as loving a list
> as it appears. not
> on the whole, anyway.
>
> yes, the discussion on the list got a bit heated, as
> they will from
> time to time (my sarcastic humour not withstanding)
> but what surprises
> me is when listies/lurkers (whoever they are) feel
> they must take it
> upon themselves to literally bash the hell out of
> someone they don't
> agree with to the point of physical threats or
> self-righteous
> attitudes. (and yes, i am a Christian. so *pray* for
> me.) this kind of
> behaviour is simply moronic.
>
> i am sorry, nkorobov, that you have recieved private
> threats because
> of your opinion. i do not condone such actions in
the
> least.

me either.

it is one
> thing to discuss things on the list (even with
> touches of sarcasm, so
> be it fairly lighthearted, although i am not perfect
> in such a vain)
> but another when folks have to be completely
> malicious about it.

sorry bink- didn't mean to put you out in the open like
that. *i* know you meant no harm...

> everyone is intitled to his/her opinion. period. you
> don't have to
> agree with it. but if you expect your opinions to be
> respected, then
> you must respect the opinions of others. even if you
> disagree with
> them. come on, everyone, do let's be civil if we
can.
> or at least keep
> your malicious intents to yourself.

amen.

> to all of you *Christians* who have posted this
woman
> privately in an
> uncivil manner, incurring threats and insults (and
> you know who you
> are) you should be ashamed of yourselves.

ahem. yes, and i quote: "with the tongue we praise our
Lord and Father and with it we curse men, who have been
made in god's likeness. Out of the same mouth come
prasing and cursing. my brothers, this should not be.
can freash water and salt water flow from the same
spring?" james 3:9-11.

> forgive me, nkorobov, for even though i do not agree
> wholeheartedly
> with your opinion, i still respect it. however, the
> actions of some
> are inexcusable.

i too, offer apoligies for anything i've done to
contribute to that kind of behavior.

john.