Re: This is dumb

---Ponybat at aol_com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/16/99, 3:00:43 PM, nkorobov at clarku_edu writes:
> <<I'm apt to think that your music never really belonged to you
anyway.  It
> has and will continue to exist somewhere between you and us, as a
gift for
> both of us.>>

> OH, GOOD GOD!!!!  Please tell me you did NOT just say that.  To even
imply
> that an artist doesn't own his/her own music, poetry, writing,
sculpture, etc
> . . . how fucking absurd!

> stef

didn't you know? i bought *my* music from an old vending machine in a
supermarket. i never really *owned* it, i lease it on a monthly plan.

yeah, rent to own your own stuff.

who is this boffo anyway, stef, got any clues? who let him in?
personally speaking as a "poet artsy faggot intellectual" or whatever
the hell he tried to call half of us, how could my music (or anyone's
for that matter) not belong to me if i'm writing from personal
experience? did someone say to me "Here, you felt this, so i wrote a
song for you."??????

i think not. but just becuase the music is *mine* doesn't mean i can't
share it and allow people to take something from it.

oh well, i guess every orchard has to have *some* bad apples rotting
in it.

bink