Another one

Hiya everyone..i am a new kid...My name is Becca and I'm a student in
Indianapolis, but i'm originally from Shipshewana, Indiana...amish
captial of the world...:) I just signed on to this little gem a few days
ago, and have been observing, trying to get the feel for this chatting
thing. I'm also excited to hear so many people who like OTR!!! I've
loved them for so long...very pumped about the dayton show...last one i
went to was in indy in september at the Muriat with the junkies..very
good show. by the way, does anyone have directions to canal
street?..i'll be coming in on I-70 east.

well, i also wanted to say a little something about our ever present "to
sign or not to sign" debate. I am trying to be as objective as possible,
and not let my personal feelings get in the way, because i think this is
really about the band, and their vision from God and calling as artists.
All i can say is that i honestly believe that Linford and the rest of
the group, who have dedicated their souls to this band would not
flippantly go into a contract if they felt their music would at all be
compromised. I trust them when i listen to them and when i go to their
shows, that they will not be plastic or top 40, and they will be real
(something i can sink my teeth into:). And so i also trust that they
will not go into this and allow themselves to be corrupted. I think that
if we have trusted them thus far, we should keep that going...until we
have a reason not to.

One more comment and then i will leave you: "Nothing, I suspect, is more
astonishing in any man's life than the discovery that there do exist
people very, very like himself." C.S. Lewis. When i first heard OTR
sitting on a hay-covered ground, eating hot pasta from a nearby vendor
at Cornerstone festival (hooray to however mentioned cornerstone
earlier!! love it love it love it), i discovered a part of myself, and
in turn, people like myself that i never knew existed. I discovered, in
essence, me. I think it is only fair to allow others this same
opportunity. Yes, we do this already by word of mouth. But this way, OTR
could get the exposure they deserve, as well as access to old produce :)
and really, does anyone honestly think they would let themselves become
the next..i don't know...spice girls?..that's an exaggeration obviously,
but really..that's just silly! they are sooo much above that!

so anyway, that's my two cents. Nice meeting you...

becca

p.s. love U2 and love the unforgettable fire..i've never heard about the
book you are talking about...neat-o. Joshua Tree is still and always
will be my favorite.