Re: MONK???

>>--- Gabe Cooper <Gabe at DISTRIBUTION_COM> wrote:
>> well, if you're a die-hard jazz fan like me, Monk is
>>the shortened referent to the great Thelonius Monk, one
>>of the "cool" era piano greats. Monk worked with Miles
>>Davis, John Coltrane, and countless others.

Ahem!  (T) Monk is THE great piano players of the "cool" era.
Everyone else was just really, really, really good at best.
However, if you like Monk, seek out some Lennie Tristano; very
similar, very good.

Chris said;
>>I'll take Mingus, thanks.   Not to diss Thelonius, of course.  Just personal
>>preference.  Besides, Joni MItchell worked with Mingus.
>
>So there.  NYAH!
>
>Aaron Barker will now explain the joke.

Zzzzzzz.  Zzzzzzz.  Huh!?!? Who!?! Wha!?!?!?
explain the joke....explain the joke.....uuuhhhh....jeez, I'm not sure I can.  I
know
me 'n' CE discussed this slightly after I'd mentioned I'd just seen
Bob Dylan and Joni M (back in Oct./Nov. '98).  Maybe that's got something
to do with it.  I'm sorry I can't help any more than that, but I'm really not
well today.
I came to work anyways, but let's just say that eating breakfast this morning
turned out to be a pointless task.  Ugh!

I'm going home, curling up in my sock drawer and sleeping for days.

much later,
AaronB

np:  1812 Overture (in my stomach)

--