Re: MONK???

--- Gabe Cooper <Gabe at DISTRIBUTION_COM> wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance but who is Monk??? He/she/they
> seem to come up alot in
> the discussion. I usually just read and I have
little
> trouble following the
> Prayer Chain, radiohead, VOL, etc. discussions...
> This Monk character has
> thrown me for a loop though. Could someone please
> enlighten me?

 well, if you're a die-hard jazz fan like me, Monk is
the shortened referent to the great Thelonius Monk, one
of the "cool" era piano greats. Monk worked with Miles
Davis, John Coltrane, and countless others.

these litiess are referring to a diferent Monk, a
three-peice neo-jazz-e-bow guitar kinda band that
feautres OtR's original guitaris, Ric Hordenski.

john.