Re: Canal St... Possible Gathering?

"T.C. Turner" <japhy at mail_utexas.edu> sez:
>dearest listies,
>      i am a part time lurker from texas and i am trying to go to the canal
>st. show on the 20th. well, my first question(s) is where do i stay and how
>do i get around dayton and what airlines go to dayton?

I know Delta has a hub in Dayton, or at least they used to.   The airport is
actually in Vandalia, which is 20-25 minutes north of Dayton, so you're
probably 40 minutes from the venue.  Downtown Dayton is as dead a place as
you'll ever see - the city is rotting from the inside out.  So there's really
no hotels close to the venue.  Try one of the nicer suburbs like Beavercreek,
which isn't too far from Canal Street.

>i have never been to
>ohio, so i dont know what to expect. whats the weather like etc.....sorry to
>be so ignorant....but texas is a big place and is sometimes hard to leave!

We're getting out from under snow right now.   It might be 35 outside here in
Columbus.  But two weeks from now, it could be 10 below, or 70.  Who really
knows?  To paraphrase Chicago: 'Does Anybody Really Know What Temperature It
Is?"

>anyways, any input will be greatly appreciated. also, where do i get
>tickets?? can i call ahead and reserve some?/ that would be great.....thanks
>for the help.

Someone posted a day or two ago how to get tix from out of town.  Check the
archives.

HTH, HAND
--
NP: Karma To Burn - _Karma To Burn_