Chasing Furies

Hey losties...

(Hi Layne...)

I was just wondering the other day if anyone on ye ol' liste had heard of a band called Chasing
Furies yet. Their debut just came out on the Christian label Sparrow. The reason I ask is because
they site Over the Rhine and Radiohead as their chief influences... From their bio on their Web
site...

"Collectively, they blend the kind of tight harmonies that only siblings can create with edgy rock
musicianship.  The result is a sound that's both bold and melodic—think Radiohead meets Jonatha
Brooke, artists that have, incidentally, strongly influenced Chasing Furies.

The name, says Rachel, comes from a combination of sources.  "We're big
fans of a band called Over The Rhine, and the 'furies' part comes from a line in one of their
songs," she explains.  "C.S. Lewis also wrote about the mythological furies in his book, Until We
Have Faces, which is a favorite book of Sarah's. And the 'chasing' part is a great description of
how we are to be in this life: chasing and pursuing our dreams."

Really pretty good stuff, imo. They've got a pretty cool sound. _And_ they reside in good old
Boulder, just up the road from me. Anyway, just a heads up on a pretty cool band...

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins