Re: Roxy Music

"Brian Gardner" <yavin at mindspring_com> sez:
>> Brad, you nasty, nasty boy.   If I were a woman, or even a little less hetero
>> than I am, Sting would be on my short list.
>
>Okay, this is the second time I've heard the phrase "short list" used in a
>sentence.  And I'm upset.  I'm just going to swallow my pride and ask.
>Ah... what's a short list?

In this case, a short list of men I'd fuck.   It's not a very long list, and
Sting would be on it, if such a list in fact existed.

>I understand this might be an incredibly stupid question, and contextually I
>think I have it, but... you see I've heard the phrase used before and I
>think I might have mistaken what it meant then based on the way you just
>used it.  So... for the sake of my knowledge of slang, someone please
>explain this to me.  In private if it's not suitable for public forums as it
>were.

IS there anything not suitable for public forums?   If there is, I haven't
found it yet.
--
NP: Tears For Fears - _Songs From The Big Chair_
ICQ: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery