Re: Roxy Music

>>But as it is, it's 1999, you're a man, and you're trying to bag that
>>manly fellow, Sting.
>
> Brad, you nasty, nasty boy.   If I were a woman, or even a little less hetero
> than I am, Sting would be on my short list.

Okay, this is the second time I've heard the phrase "short list" used in a
sentence.  And I'm upset.  I'm just going to swallow my pride and ask.
Ah... what's a short list?

I understand this might be an incredibly stupid question, and contextually I
think I have it, but... you see I've heard the phrase used before and I
think I might have mistaken what it meant then based on the way you just
used it.  So... for the sake of my knowledge of slang, someone please
explain this to me.  In private if it's not suitable for public forums as it
were.

Brian
--
"To be, or not to be; that is the infinitive."

"2b, or not 2b; that is the apartment number"

Brian Gardner, "Twisted Quotes"