Re: Lost listees. List Lostees.

>> It's the Society of Creative Anachronism......geeked-out people....
>> beat each other senseless with padded swords and clubs.  Great fun to watch,
>>esp. when
>> battles break
>> out in hotel lobbies during SF-con weekends when the hotel staff is
>>on edge in
>> the first place.
>yeah, but star trek conventions are even more fun. imagine hearing the
>words "reverse the polarity of the tachyon flow so that we can
>supercharge the dilythium crystals" over and over again. makes me want
>to beam myself into a deep space and explode...
You got that right.  'Member when Big Bill Shatner hosted SNL many moons
ago?  And the opening sketch ripped on Trekkie conventioneers?
I know way too many people who were personally offended by his poking
fun at thier expense.  I got the joke.  I thought it was funny.  Lots of people
didn't and that really scared me.

>hmmm. what if there were an OtR video in whcih everyone was a star
>trek character? linford as captian kirk...karin as uhura....nah. it
>wouldn't work.
No, the Star Trek thing wouldn't work well.  I'd see a concept closer to the
Power Rangers or something like that.  This is dangerously close to the
'action figures' thread I recall once upon a time.
Just think, mellow folk-rockers by night (mostly evening gigs, you know),
defenders of truth, honor, and great coffee by day.

later,
AaronB

john.

the beasties.