RE: RE: paste music

i certainly didn't get *bad* service from them, but it wasn't anything
really worth commenting on.  to give you an idea, here's a bit of a
comparative timeline:

it was a Thursday night around 9pm and i had finally gotten around to
sitting down to order all of the things i had been meaning to order.  first
stop, Amazon, where i ordered a book by A. Crowley and a book on quantum
electrodynamics by Feynman.  next stop, TrueTunes, where i ordered both Monk
albums ($20 for the pair -- woo!), the new Violet Burning, and OtR's
Besides.  about this time an email drops into my box, forwarded from some
old account somewhere.  it was from Amazon confirming my order and causing
me to realize that i needed to update the email address on their files.
last stop, Paste music, where after navigating their less-than-intuitive
site, i placed an order for the VoL Live album an a spare of To the Roof of
the Sky for the car/loaning purposes.  i then jumped back to Amazon to
change my email address and add another item to my order (i'd hoped to nab
the Sixpence single from them since i hadn't seen it locally other than at
the xtian bookstore, where i refuse to spend money).  i discovered that i
couldn't add anything to my order because, only 30 mins later, it had
already gone to the shipping department.  *sigh*
Friday i got an email from TrueTunes confirming my order but letting me know
that the VB album was backordered.
Saturday morning the package from Amazon was on my front porch (did i
mention that i selected cheapest shipping on all orders?), everything as it
should be.
it was almost two weeks until the other two orders arrived, both on the same
day.  i never got confirmation from Paste at all and the TrueTunes order was
missing the Besides album (a followup email discovered that it was
backordered too..).

so the short of it is that ordering things on the net is rarely a problem,
but many of the small operations are still a bit shaky.  how much faith do
you have?

my $0.02, both on-topic and useless.

matt