Re: Topical Drift

>In a message dated 2/24/99, 8:47:34 AM, jnedsfox at moody_edu writes:
><<who subscribes to other fan listservers?  What bands other than OTR move
>you to daily discussion?  Or maybe it's not bands, maybe it's.... something
>else...>>

I used to be on the NRBQ list for a while.  The discussions seemed to
always drift into some obscure boogie-woogie or rockabilly topic or
equally obscure artist that I had no interest in.  I left shortly after most of
the
listies eulogized Sonny Bono by considering him nearly equal to Lennon/McCartney
in songwriting and possibly being one of the great producers of
the '60's.  That was way too much for me.  Besides, NRBQ's management
was poor enough that you couldn't believe half the concert dates that
appeared on the list, which was why I joined in the first place.

I keep thinking I'll join Todd Rundgren's 'Wizard' list.  Friends of mine that
are on the list tell me there's way too many Todd know-it-alls on the list
that don't know it all but will tell you what they think they know anyway.  All
I really want is concert and release info anyways, my TRTV patronet connection
takes care of that.

later,
AaronB

np:  Wilco's new release  (buddy o' mine taped an advance copy.  good stuff!!!)