Re: The Beatles and the Velvets

---Lou100 at aol_com wrote:

> I did read in "Up Tight - The Velvet Underground Story" that the
Velvets felt
> they were, like the Beatles, trying to expand the boundaries of what
popular
> music could do and they felt they were on the same wavelength as the
Beatles.
> Brian Epstein even considered becoming the Velvet's manager at one
point.

> ~Phil

good book. yes, i'd agree that they both were aiming in similar
directions, just with different means sometimes. when you look at it
all, both bands made huge ripples in music which are still resounding
today. i don't think the Velvets or the Beatles initially said, "Hey,
let's write a song like the other is doing," but sure they knew what
what happening across the ocean.

and i laughed when i first read in the book that Epstein was
interested in managing VU. i don't think he could've handled them.
Warhol got left in the dust eventually, but i think it would've
happened with Epstein sooner.