Re: Happy99

Dave warned us:

> DON'T RUN THE HAPPY99.EXE THAT AMY SENT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A VIRUS
> SCANNER ON YOUR COMPUTER!
>
> I don't know exactly what it does, but my anti-virus program caught this
> as the Happy99.Worm virus, which does something to your winsock.dll and
> will attach itself to any mail or newsgroup postings.

I just got an e-mail from our department secretary about this thing.
If you execute it, it makes fireworks on your screen and goes away...
the problem is that the Happy99.exe file will then be appended to
any e-mail you send.  It doesn't appear to be destructive, it just
slows down the mail servers.

If you executed it, I have a list of several links discussing how
to fix the problem.

Happy Friday,
Amy-Raven

--