*****Re: from the ashes, story, Anne E.?

that nice Raven wrote:
>Hey, look!  I actually have time to post!
>
>I seem to always be out of town when Tom Waits comes up in
>conversation here, no matter how brief the discussion or
>my out-of-townness is.  It figures.

o.k.  here's one.   maybe you're home for this story.     i'm driving my fam
damily somewhere, and we're driving down Evans by the railroad tracks.  Tom
Waits __Heartattack and Vine__ is happily spinning away in the deck,
"I spent all my money
In a Mexican whorehouse, babe
'Cross the street from the Catholic Church
And i wiped off my revolver
and buttoned up my burgundy shirt
I shot the morning in the back
With my red wings on
Told the sun he'd  better go back down
And if i can find a book of matches
I'm gonna burn this hotel down
You got to tell me, brave captain
Why are the wicked so strong?
How do the angels get to sleep
When the devil leaves his porchlight on?"

little ian says, from his little car seat,  "that guy on the radio spits
when he says his "p"-words!"

we laugh and laugh, 'cause of the simple truth of it.   yeah, he does.  it's
all part of his charm.

so, all this talk about radiohead has made me decide to give radiohead some
prime car-listening attention time.  so, i round up __Pablo Honey__ and look
for __American Highway Flower__ but can't find it  ( probably not re-filed
yet ).   I take it out to the car and gather up my other CD's which could
provide distraction.

you guys can play a little game here:  after all, there's no OtR stuff goin'
on.  what else are ya gonna do?
So... out goes  __The Fatherless and the Widow__.   Out goes __MTV
Unplugged__.  Out with __Heartattack and Vine__.   Be gone, __Up_!    Adios
__Welcome Home__.    I'll miss you, __The History of _____   _______
_______    ________  __.   Out goes  __The Innocents__,  and i bid farewell
to __a celebration of women in music__.  You guys can play "match the band
to the album title"   it should be pretty easy, except for the history and
MTV ones.  good luck.

now i have nothing but the radio and radiohead.

next morning, i pull into the line at Burger King for my 2 Sausage and Egg
Croissants for $1.99  (these aren't bad once you pull that pig carcass off
for the dogs and  then blacken it with pepper and then douse it with
Habanero Tobasco sauce.)  and as i'm approaching the speaker thingy,  __stop
whispering__ comes on.   wow!  i forgot how much i liked this song.   (a
lot!)

so,  thanks for helping me to rediscover a lost gem, all you radiohead
conversationalists.    now, gotta start digging around for __...Flower__.
It's here somewhere.

Look, no OtR content!
Look, no anne e. content!

and my 2 monk cd's came in the mail,  and i wanna play 'em, but i promised
myself i'd spend time with radiohead.
(and thanks, Candace!)

jg

np:  Jane Siberry  __Maria__