miles...

Mr. Chris Emery stood and spoke:

>Strange.   I love Miles' longer stuff, especially stuff like _Bitches Brew_
>and _In A Silent Way_.   Good long prog songs don't wear on me emotionally,
>though.   In a longer song, you can build up to a variety of emotions,
>compared to a shorter pop-type song which typically only has time for one
>specific feeling.

You gotta listen to the 4 disk series from Miles, "Working with...",
"Cooking with...", "Relaxin' with...", and i forget the forth but these
are me favorites and my favorite period of jazz. Gotta also check out
Cantelope Island from Herbie Hancock and all the Coltrane stuff, oh, and
don't forget Paul Desmond...so much great music from this
time period. My jazz collectiion might be small, maybe 20 CD's but it's
powerful.

enjoy,

jeff k.

NP: Dave Brubeck--Take Five