Re: Introduction

>>I've yet to see a movie that surpassed the book.   Ever.
>
>>Try 'A Simple Plan'.  I saw the film when it first opened and
>>was so impressed, I immediately ran out to buy the book ( author:
>>Scott Smith).
>
>Hey, you're preachin' at the choir here, Barker.  We went to see it
>last weekend (at Antoinette's behest), and rather enjoyed it.   The
>end, though.   Christ!  Just when you think Bill Paxton's character
>can't BE anymore fucked...   Well, don't want to spoil it for the rest
>of you.   I recommend you all go out and see it.  NOW.

Her character is one instance where the book out-does the movie.
It explains how she had been a chemical engineering student in
college and they had plans of living a well and prosperous life
together until he took the job at the feed store.  After a while, they
became stuck in the small town.  She stayed with him out of love
instead of moving on with her own career plans; he always felt
she resented him for that.  The money they found was her chance
to get out of the rut and she'd do anything to suceed this time.

later,
AaronB

What's the deal with his wife, anyway?   She had fewer ethics & morals
than anyone in the whole stinkin' flick.

--
NP: Genesis - _Selling England By The Pound_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery