Re: From Ohio, various

Strange week, this one just past.  Flew to St. Louis, rented a Jeep
Wrangler, worked a bunch in between surreal moments of fun.  Saw a band
with three lovely women vocalists in a bar in Nashville that had a
rapidly roving mood and style eerily reminiscent of SNL's Swingle
sisters (Jan Hooks).  Went to Pulaski TN, where the KKK was founded, but
obviously not for that reason.  Lost my luggage in an unnerving 10
minute Cleveland layover.  Didn't get in until 4:45 last morning from
another strange mysterious night of fun.

Lara, I think next time we get together I need a brief timeline of your
life, school etc history.  Intriguing.  Re: State lyrics in songs:  go
to a lyric server on the internet and search for the ones not found.

Re: Mike Georgian:  I had spoken with Jason Dennie and Mike and they had
said they were working on something together about five months ago.  I
went to the Slant CD release party the other week, picked up a copy of
it.  Presumably good stuff, but I'm not a huge fan of avant garde jazz
so don't ask me.

Re: Real time vs. Digest list: I've never been a real timer.  Pointless,
really.  If ya wanna see if someone's posted since the last digest, go
to the actwin.com/OtR/month.9902 site (or whatever year/month you're
interested in) and respond accordingly.  I've posted this before, I
think people gloss over this or I hide this gem in unnecessarily long
verbage or e-mail.  Heck, I'd settle for one e-mail a month from the
digest list.

Animaniacs are brilliant.  I've only seen them once or twice, but my pal
Brad (whose opinion on anything comedic generally requires no second
guessing).  We're also revivalist fans of South Park, now that it's
funny again (more than funny; the Prehistoric Iceman from 1996 episode
was brilliant).

I went on a CD buying frenzy today as well.  John Cale box set (wowee!),
Emm Gryner, REMs "Daysleeper" import with alternate versions etc,
Beautiful South's "Quench", Cardigan's "Gran Turismo", Cher's "Believe"
CD (that freakin' song followed my journey last week like a plague),
George Michael's greatest hits double set

REM are a brilliant band, but a poor OtR comparison or benchmark.  After
"Radio Free Europe"s Hib-Tone indie single, they were always well
supported by IRS then WB for Green and beyond.  "Murmer" got rave
reviews by TONS of ultra-mainstream press; I remember hearing Rockville
(second album) on pop radio and seeing the "Fall on Me" (fourth album)
video everywhere when I was a little youth.

I bet I come across as seeming snotty when I write paragraphs like the
one above.  I'm really not snotty in real life (I hope).  Sorry.

I have a few random questions.  Does anyone know why Mexico is so
unsafe?  How can a whole nation be so corrupt?  K-razy.  Another
question I have is what is Vanity Fair's target audience?  I bought one
'cos of the Star Wars cover, and was pretty intrigued by the whole
content of the magazine.  Wacko but interesting article analyzing the
Clinton/Rodham union.

Bruce