Re: Thanks for all the help!

hi.

lara said,
>thanks to all the people who gave me a hand with all of the state songs.

sure.

>didn't get any repeats, pretty amazing and noone even mentioned the one
that got
>us started.... country roads, by John Denver.

i misisinterpreted a little.  i thought the titles had to have a state name
in 'em.    if they don't...whooo~boy!

things to do in denver when you're dead            warren zevon
my city was gone
pretenders
downtown (akron)                                                  pretenders
bad day in cleveland                                             anne e.
dechant
still in hollywood
concrete blonde
hollywood
cranberries
(don't go back to) rockville                                    r.e.m.
sean
proclaimers
letter from america
proclaimers
christmas card from a hooker in minneapolis    tom waits
i wish i was in new orleans
       (in the ninth ward)                                           tom
waits
cleveland rocks                                                      ian
hunter
walk on the wild side                                             lou reed

i'll stop,  let somebody else have a turn...

>Anyway, I've decided that being on this list is much more fun when you get
the
>mail all day as opposed to being on the digest. this is the best.

yeah, this list rocks!

>I'm going on a retreat this weekend and I'm getting a ride with someone I
don't
>really know so I'm going to make him listen to OtR on the way there. Then
we'll
>have something to talk about.

control issues?      how you monopolize the radio?    no, just kidding.  go
ahead, it's a great idea.   does he have e-mail?

>When was that Anne whatever concert in Kent??? I might be coming out to
visit a
>friend in Canton and maybe I'll make it that weekend.

Anne E. Whatever DeChant.
March 5th
8:30 p.m.
Brady's Cafe
Kent, OH   (from where sprung the already mentioned "four dead in o-hi-o"
song by neil young and /or CSN &Y.)

tiny number of listies confirmed:  3.   bink/snort/ass/meister/as
appropriate/,  who will be celebrating his birthday there;    Jessyka;  jg.

tiny number of listies who mentioned it, and therefore, ~may~ show up:  5.
Heather,  Lynzi,  Ysobelle,  Denise (i'd- like -to -spend -a -couple -hours-
running -my- fingers- through -her- hair- but- her- husband -is -so -large-
it- might- not- be -a -good- idea) Hazlett, and now Lara.

tiny number of listies who were expected to mention something, but haven't
so far:  2.   local listie Jeff,  semi-local listie Chris.

huge number of listies who are expected to ~not~ be there for bink's
birthday:   350.   you know who are.  and so does binky.

so sure, lara, come on out.    and you, too.  yes, you!  ("does he mean
me?")  yes, i mean you.  right there.  you!  {pointing right outta your
monitor}   ("oh, shit, he sees me!  i guess i ~gotta go~ now")

have a good weekend, all.

jg