RE: not from Ohio (not necc. OTR)

------------------Original Message--------------------
> >One question, and I don't mean to ask something that's probably
been asked
> >a million times, but is anyone on the list not from Ohio.

Me? I'm from Little Rock, Arkansas. We never get any good bands here.
The closest OtR has ever come to me is Memphis with the Cowboy
Junkies. Before that was a few isolated trips to St. Louis, and
numerous trips to CStone. I think there's one other listie around
these parts, but we've never had occassion to meet. I play OtR on my
radio show frequently (bootlegs and all), but no one seems to
appreciate them yet. Of course, the kids who listen to my show aren't
known to appreciate subtlety.

But astoundingly, despite the lack of nationally touring bands coming
though all the time, we do have a surprisingly strong local music
scene. It's not big. But for what it lacks in size, it makes up for in
overall quality. There are some really good bands around here.

Anyone else around these parts?

BSC