Re: Spreading the word!

> By the way, can anybody think of songs that have state names in them? We are
> preparing state filing for insurance companies and one of my fellow employees
> and I are trying to find a song for every state.

I made this list once, but of course I can't remember much of what was on
there.  Randy Newman writes a whole lot of city/state songs-- "Baltimore,"
"Birmingham," "I Love L.A.," "Louisiana."

Liz Phair has a CD5 called "Juvenalia" with a couple of state songs on it:
"California" and "South Dakota," I think.

Michelle Shocked does "Anchorage, Alaska," on *Short Sharp Shocked*.

"Washington Bullets" by the Clash.

HTH
jnf