alanis concert

hello everyone...
i went to see alanis morisette last night with liz phair.  the show was really
good.  since she has only two albums, no one could say that they didn't get
their money's worth out of the ticket.  she played for a very long time,
including all of her "hits" and most of the other songs.
i know there has been a lot of debate about her and whether she can be
considered as having "good music" because she's "pop" and on the radio or
whatever, so that is not the discussion i want to have.
what got me was that her band was just as good as she was.  the bass player
and the drummer (how often do those guys get singled out?) were excellent.  it
just got me to thinking about what makes a band...
i mean, would you still like otr if otr wasn't called otr but karin bergquist
instead?
jan