Re: Re: songwriters and geography trivia

In a message dated 12/29/98 10:48:07 AM, janweatherman at hotmail_com wrote:

<<There was a gospel artist (I can't remember who) that put an anti-gay
song on their album called "It Ain't Natural." Now, right or wrong, that
message would seem consistent with the "Mainstream" Christian worldview
(I know this is treading dangerous ground, but bear with me. I'm trying
to make my point delicately)The song was praised as upholding Biblical
values, and it was about time someone took such a stand. But when it was
released as a single, you could hear the crickets chirp on the charts.
The song addressed a theme that wasn't approved. It's fine for someone
else to make a stand, but when time came to stand behind that message
and face an unpopular reaction, no one would do it.>>

Matthew Shepard springs to mind for some reason....

When we live in a world wherein a point of view seems to condone a brutal
bludgeoning, I'd just as rather that point of view were shunned, myself.

This is another reason I love OtR-- inclusive, no matter what one's beliefs.