Article from CityBeat (Soundtrack)

This is from one of Cincinnati's two big alternative free weeklies,
issued 10 Dec 98 (So the CBS stuff refers to last week, not UPCOMING
EVENTS!):

*** BEGIN COPIED SECTION ***

(Local Scene / Spill It) by Mike Breen

A WORKING HOLIDAY
Two-time Cincinnati Entertainment Awards winners OVER THE RHINE have
some good news and some bad news for fans.  The bad news is that the
band's traditional holiday tour is cenceled this year, including the
annual Emery Theater gig.

The good news ... well, there's a lot.  The reason for the cancellation
is due to a demo deal the band has with Capitol Records, which means the
band will be holed up this holiday season in a recording studio working
on new tracks.  The group has another tie to Captiol as well: One of
their songs will be featured on the label's soundtrack to the
anticipated upcoming flick, "Killing Mrs. Tingle", another humorous spin
on the slasher genre from the makers of "Scream".

In the more immediate future, OTR will be heading to New York City on
Thursday to tape a segment for CBS THIS MORNING.  Seems host Mark McEwen
was given a copy of the band's music and has decided to champion the
cause.  The group's segemnt will air on the morning show's Friday
edition.

**** END COPIED SECTION ****

I did some quick web research to find that "Killing Mrs. Tingle" to find
the following:  It's written and directed by Kevin Williamson, who's
written the three Scream films (can't wait for #3), I Know What You Did
Last Summer, The Faculty, and Halloween H20.  It's described as "a
horror comedy about a group of students intent on bumping off their most
detested teacher. " and stars Marisa Coughlan, Vivica A. Fox, Katie
Holmes, Michael McKean, Helen Mirren, Molly Ringwald, Liz Stauber,
Jeffrey Tambor, Lesley Ann Warren and Barry Watson.

It's expected to be released in April 99.

I don't think the bands don't have a ton of say about this kind of
thing; I think it's more the work of their publishers.  Either way, it's
easy money.  Three of their songs were used in the wacko '95
direct-to-video "Amanda and the Alien" (in which a young Bohemian artist
falls in love with a human-eating alien).  Happy with Myself?, Circle of
Quiet and one other were in there.  Very odd film, but fun to see OtR
songs performed prominently.  I think the other one might've been
Jackie.  I vaguely recall Linford's introduction to it one time at Canal
Street, where he chuckled about it and got a good laugh from the
audience saying that it would be used in "some kind of alien" film.

"...and that's about all I have to say about that"

Bruce