[Fwd: Otr poll]

Forwarded message from Tom... (FYI Tom, it wasn't my poll)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Otr poll
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:22:59 +0000
From: Tom Lane <tlane at iee_org>
To: davec at pads_com

Hiya Dave,
So you had a poll of who came to OtR the Religious or Secular way.
here's another reply for the archive...

Well, I came to OtR via the Greenbelt Festival.
That bills itslef as a christian Arts Festival.
So the answer is probably "Religious" for me...
... although whether stumbling into the Big Top at the end of the last
night of a festival counts for anything religious, even if after Martyn
Joseph on Mainstage. Gotta admit, though, OtR had me gobsmacked that
night.
Why else would I buy two CDs (aven at UKP 5 each?) after the set. Good
marketing, though - they sold out that night...

However, OtR do have to tie for 'best band I ever saw at Greenbelt" with
Eden Burning. Very different, but equally creative in their own
(folk-rock)
way. And then there was Courtney Pine. Man, does he kick ass! Never
heard
Sax like it!!
Oh well. Greenbelt is dead. Long live Greenbelt.  (in the best english
royal tradition...)

cheers,
Tom
(aka merry)

P.S. directly mailed to you as the OTR list does not accept my mails.
Grrrr.
Cheers

Tom Lane
(aka merry)
email: tlane at iee_org or tlane at brandybuck_netkonect.co.uk
phone: +44 (0)1623-461872