The buffet platter

From: Kent M. Nebergall@TIMEWEB on 12/02/98 06:49 PM

In other words, short replies on everything.

I finally realized what dream I would have -- Over The Rhine at Cincinnati,
Omni Netherlands Hotel, Hall of Mirrors.  Maybe David Lynch and the ghost
of GK Chesterton could be the opening act to set the mood.  My fiancee and
I danced there the night while we knew police with "Bomb Squad" patches
were exploring across the way in the next room.  I hadn't seen Titanic yet,
but dancing in an original Art Deco hotel's most lavish ballroom with that
in the back of your mind made me think of it quite a bit.

Coolest OTR thing.  A couple of the posts on this list.  The scratch our
heads one a few days ago was pure poetry.  I write for a living, and people
like my work, even if it is software manuals and website advertisements.
But sometimes things come along and tell me I'm not a real writer - not in
a bad way, but to challenge me to do what I love the way I love it - with
blood inside.  The two most recent were Pilgrims Progress in RealAudio and
that post.  Yes I'm cheating, since it's not a physical momento.  I got
Besides earlier this week at Best Buy.  Another marvel of fanzine
typesetting.  I miss those days.  Give me a year and a half on this list
and I should have something more.

Other artists - at Cornerstone, Steve Scott when he used to sing, or now.
Speaking of pure poetry without the skin on.  And on the secular,
Marillion, especially Seasons End and Misplaced Childhood.  Steve Taylor's
Finish Line moves me to tears with its intense accuracy.  Nothing burns
like summer sunlight.

Revelation from seeing OTR at Cornerstone - if you show up for soundcheck,
you realize she's blonde.  Otherwise the red backlight sets in your mind.

What is the Nigel fund address again?  I've got my budget set this week.
Thanks!